The back Tank sections are almost complete. The biggest problem I have had is finding a way to get them to rotate around a curve and stay oriented and spaced. I have looked up and tried all kinds of tutorials, but have not found one that works on the scaled up model yet. I'm not out of options just yet though. I should have it figured out soon. Well, off to work I go.
For those who don't believe that the stars are show accurate detail here is a picture I found (after a LOT of searching online) that shows the details clearly enough.
After a bit of an unintentional hiatus I have finally been able to get back to modeling. Life has been trying to kick my but and my job had me working from dawn till dusk (literally) until just a bit ago. My biggest problem after that was finding high enough quality reference images to get the small details from to make this model more accurate.
Anywho this time we've got the main body nearly complete (after resizing and tweaking) and only have a few minor things left to do on it. The mole claws were fun to do and give him a little bit of personality even without his head. The next part is the treads and wheels. I am looking forward to creating this and using WALL-E as some reference material for how to make them fold under the main body.