Sunday, September 29, 2013

UVs are laid out (at least for one of 'em)

The one thing I dislike about my current situation is that I only have during my lunch break most nights (about half an hour) to work on this, so the going is a lot slower than it would be otherwise. That being said I have finally gotten the UVs laid out for the Pterodactyl so I can get the actual texturing done on it this week. for reference I will post a couple of renders of the before and after UV layouts below:

The one on the left got a little too happy with the Photoshop tools.

Fly my pretties
As you can see if you don't lay out the UVs then you can get some really bad distortions in the textures.

Anywho I have to keep going so I will update later this week with the fully textured model.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Aaaaaaand we're back!

After over a year of working on them, working a full-time overnight job and having one hard drive crash on me (not recoverable) I have finally finished the last of the Dinozords needed to complete the Megazord. Hazzah!

Here are some renders for all who are interested:

...As he daintily offered his paw...

That mouse has to come out sometime.

Honest, officer, I only had one or two to drink.

Tops is now mobile. No one is safe.

I can haz Lasers?

Tops from the top

This is how we welcome visitors.

A new way to "sit up and beg".

He smells something.
Two decades ago today I watched this for the first time. Man I'm feeling old!
All Hail the rising logo.
We are not amused.
Game of Zords
So, yes, in case you couldn't tell at 10:30am Pacific Time, it was 20 years to the second that Power Rangers first aired. I remember watching the first episode that day! Man, I'm feeling old now; I can measure my childhood in decades now.

Anywho, the models are now complete and all that needs to be done is texturing and rigging. All in all I am really pleased with how it has come out so far. I am really excited to see how it looks once I get some good textures on the models (of course including "authentic" battle damage).

Well, I'm now off to have fun sawing logs with the sandman.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Saber Tiger on the prowl

After a long and grueling couple of weeks at work fighting inventory I have now finally gotten to work on the models for more than just a half an hour a night. The results: the Saber Tiger now has four legs and only needs some minor tweaking on the legs and body to finish them. After that it's on to the tail and head and then we have completed the Saber Tiger.

Anywho, without further adieu here are a couple of renders.


You may kiss the royal paw.
Well now it's off to bed before another night of paid work. I should be posting the next update this weekend (hopefully with a completed Saber).

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Saber Tiger now with Lego arms (for a limited time)

The Saber now has a spine and little gimpy Lego stubs for arms. After observing the reference pictures I have it looks like the setup for the rest of the front legs is going to be very similar to the Mammoth's trunk, so modeling and getting the rest of it set up for rigging should go pretty fast.

Anywho here are some renders:

Proof that Saber Tiger has a spine
All we need now is a Sphinx head
Behold.....The elbow!
Almost ready to walk.
The next update should have complete legs (maybe 2, maybe 4 you'll have to wait and see).

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Not dead, it Just feels that way!

Hey all, I had to take a lot longer hiatus than I was expecting due to work and problems with the Tops model (namely I wasn't pleased with how the head was turning out so I had to scrap it and restart the head a few times). I decided that i would go ahead and model the Saber Tiger first and complete the Tops soon after, giving my mind a chance to figure out the best way to redesign/ model the head. In the meantime here are the latest renders of the Saber Tiger body and a test placement on the Megazord.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your first glimpse of the two legged Daizyujin. I also now have a completion date for Megs (and that includes animation). The date is August 28th 2013. Kudos to anyone who can figure out what time I plan on uploading based on that date.

A new update should be up by weeks end.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

'tis but a flesh wound

Headless but not helpless

"I've got no feeling in my toes!"

Half a leg to stand on

The completed tail
Hey all, we have a tail. This one took a while since I had to figure a couple of things out about this, namely whither to use the Megazord version of the tail that is narrower but fits in the front crevice, or the Triceratops one that is wide and stumpy but where the cannons have to nestle on top of the body. For now I have chosen the later option, but I still wanted it to nestle, so I may end up remodeling the main body frame.

If the head can't maneuver as the foot then I will definitely have to either remodel or narrow the tail. But, for now the tail can be considered (for all-intensive purposes) completed and ready to go.

Next up is the neck and head (and the firing chain horns).

Monday, August 13, 2012

Tri-Rex rolling out

Creepy or cute, you decide
Just a quick update all tank treads are attached and functional. I also did a new playblast to replace the ones that youtube couldn't process. The new video is at

you can expect the tail to be next after I figure out a couple of details, which thankfully shouldn't take nearly as long as figuring out previous parts on this model.

Well my bed is calling.