Friday, April 13, 2012











It's done! It's done! It's FINALLY done! Now before you all get too excited, I'm talking about the modeling, not the rigging or texturing. I just did a quick test pose using constraints to make sure he worked right. Needless to say I am excited and very pleased with how well he's turning out.

I'm thinking that I'll model all the Zords before I tackle texturing and rigging just in case I have to make tweaks to the Rex, after all he is the center of the Megazord, so if he isn't working the whole thing will be off.

Oh, and if anyone knows where I can find an inexpensive, complete Dragonzord toy that's in decent condition, Please let me know; I will be starting in on Dragonzord here within a few months and would like to have it for reference purposes. I have found the toys to be great for helping me to figure out a couple of things while modeling that the pictures and video footage doesn't as well.

Anywho, expect the next update to be the beginning of the Mammoth/ Mastodon Zord.

3 comments:

  1. (speaking of done, did you hear Rock in the Road is finally finished? *happy dance*)

    I'm really loving your model here! It really looks great! I bet you'll have a blast rigging this. I don't really have anything of worth to say, so I'll slink off now.

    Can't wait to see more updates from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! The short that never ends is finished!?! Is there anywhere I can see it online when it's finished rendering? (I checked on the blog but from what I saw it's still rendering).

      Delete
    2. It's been submitted to a couple of film festivals, so it can't be online yet. I know it'll be in the end of the year show, so I hope they'll be able to put it up on Vimeo or something sometime in mid-late May.

      Delete