Monday, April 9, 2012

T-Rex dinozord nearly complete

We have open vents...

...closing vents...

... and, of course, shut vents.

The arms look like the suit actor's costume...

...But move like a machine.

Rex is almost ready to rumble

"I will eat you!"

"Do I have squatter's rights?"

Just the tail and minor tweaks left to go.
Well, the model is almost finished. I only need to model the tail (the one pictured is just a stand-in) and tweak a couple of minor things (namely the horns). It was a little bit challenging figuring out how to give the arms the feel of the suit actor but actually make them work like they should (folding up for Megazord mode) I originally had modeled them like the toys showed, but with a few tweaks, but the didn't feel right. sure they worked perfectly but they felt like the toy, not the zord. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

I should be done modeling Rex within a couple of days. then it's off to rigging. and then the next one (Probably the mammoth/ mastodon).

No comments:

Post a Comment