Thursday, May 17, 2012

oooo, shiny.
he appears to be missing something.

Megazord almost has a leg to stand on.
Sailing, sailing, on the triceratops.



People have asked how I made it, so here's the answer.
I've started modeling the Triceratops, only to find (many hours of work into it, of course) that I had to re-do a lot of it and tweak the rest, as well as making a bunch of tweaks and scaling changes to the other three models. Why you might ask; to put it simply, the Triceratops was too fat and the Rex didn't have enough space between his legs. I am very thankful that these aren't too horrible a problem, to where I would have to scrap everything and start all over, but it is bad enough that I will have to overhaul parts of all three of the other models (since the problem lies at the hub of the Megazord). This shouldn't take more than a few days fix ( I hope). This is a bit of a pain having to redo work, but it comes with the job (and I would much rather do it great than do it fast and easy).

Also for your amusement is a bit of a flub that happened while I was rescaling the Triceratops. I accidentally created what looks like a cruiser that Megazord appears to be sailing. (I know it's not as amazing as seeing Lincoln's head in a cornflake, but it amuses me)

Next post should have all fixed and better than before, as well as the rest of the Triceratops body finished. BTW the reason the shoulder pad wireframe is up in this post is because I have had some people asking how I made the 'M' in the shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment